Pages

10 May, 2013

First week

It's been a week since I've arrived in Edinburgh! I started work at the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh on Tuesday. Work begins at 7:30 in the morning and gets out at 3:50, with tea time at 9:00, lunch at 12:00, and an afternoon teatime around 3:00. Not a bad schedule!
The garden is about 70 acres in size. So far I have worked in the rock garden area predominantly, which is on the opposite side of the garden from the alpine houses.
I have also found where I can use wifi in the gardens, so from now on I hope to have blog posts more regularly!
Here are a few shots of the rock garden:



One place I pass by everyday which never ceases to amaze me is a small grove of Araucaria araucana, the monkey puzzle tree! The trees in the front are at least 6-7 feet tall and the trees in the back are huge!

More to come soon! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment