Pages

06 May, 2013

Cramond

Cramond is a small village to the northwest that is part of Edinburgh's suburbs. It is along the coast of the Firth of Forth, which is the bay north of Edinburgh. On Sunday, I joined Denise, one of the other guests, and a meetup group on a walk along the shore from Cramond to Granton. We took two buses to get out to the village, which put my recently purchased bus pass to good use!
Cramond Island can be accessed by a walkway when the tide is out. I didn't go out to the island this time, but hope to soon!
Another view of Cramond Island

From far away, I thought this dead tree was a planned sculpture along the path. 
The Cramond Fish
 
The shore area is very clean!

2 comments:

  1. How're the accent/dialect of the area? Understandable? Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand most people ok. But there are definitely thicker Scottish accents that I have trouble with. I've heard that people from Glasgow have a thicker accent.

    ReplyDelete